Weed World recently reviewed the Nebula Boost...
This plug and play system removes the hard work out of decarboxylation, so you no longer have to bake your cannabis in the oven. It also has an option to infuse your decarboxylated products.
What is decarboxylation?
Decarboxylation is a process that activates compounds in cannabis such as THC & CBD. This means decarboxylation is a chemical reaction that removes a carboxyl group and, in turn, releases carbon dioxide.
Freshly harvested and un-decarboxylated cannabis flower contains an excess of cannabinoid acids; two of the most popular and well known are; tetrahydrocannabinolic acid (THCA) and cannabidiolic acid (CBDA), these have little to no psychoactive benefit until processors decarboxylate them. By decarboxylating cannabis / CBD flower it then converts cannabinoid acids for example THCA into THC and CBDA into CBD.
Why do you need to decarboxylate your cannabis or CBD flower?
Decarboxylation significantly increases the potency of your material. Heat is the most important factor in decarbing. It activates far more compounds than the process of ageing does. When creating edibles at home, it is important to activate the psychoactive benefits in your THC or CBD flower before creating the end product. You must slowly heat the THC or CBD flower at a low temperature over a period of time, this process is called “decarboxylation”.
Nebula Boost has taken away the messy process of doing this in your oven and it has created an easy to use, sterile environment with a steady heating process in a compact unit. Literally plug and go with reduced smell.
“You can select either Fahrenheit or Celsius on the machine, ranging from 160°F to 250°F (71°C – 121°C). We recommend setting the time for 1hour:30mins & temperature at 110°C (230°F) for the perfect decarboxylation process.”
Process for decarb
1. We ground up 2 grams of CBD flower (you can use THC flower) with our plastic Weed World herb grinder
2. We placed the ground CBD flower into the metal chamber and inserted it inside the unit
3. We put on the silicon lid on top and then screwed down the external lid
4. We set the time for 1.5hrs and the temperature to 250°F
5. Once the process was complete, we put the decarboxylated ground CBD into a small mason rubber sealed jar that is airtight and stored in a dark area.